Re: xen networking

At Sat, 6 Jun 2020 19:59:01 +0100 (BST), Iain Hibbert <plunky%ogmig.net@localhost> wrote:
Subject: Re: xen networking

> dnsmasq does drop privs after starting. I was attracted because it handles
> the DNS too, meaning I can easily access internal systems by name and keep
> config in one place.

Unbound can serve local names -- it's just a bit clunky to configure
(two records required for every host), though I suppose one could write
a simple script to update its configuration from, say, /etc/hosts.

What I wish is that Unbound would also do mDNS (i.e. replace the need
for mdnsd) and thus also be able answer DNS queries for mDNS names, etc.

Kelowna, BC     +1 250 762-7675           RoboHack <woods%robohack.ca@localhost>