xen networking

Hi

I have a xen dom0 with external connectivity and wish to set up NAT to
allow the domU network access but having a little difficulty with network
setup. I have tried several variations and always hit a wall eventually.
This is where I'm currently at:

dom0 has wm0 connected to bridge0, and bridge1 is domU network

domU-router has two interfaces, one on each bridge

domU clients otherwise have one interface, connected to bridge1

domU-router has dnsmasq set up to provide IP addresses onto bridge1 and
this works fine, I can ping back and forth using hostnames. I also have
dom0 ask for an IP on this network (might NAT that to a separate network
instead, later)

So currently I am stuck. I want to have domU-router get the IP address to
the external interface with dhcpcd. Then bridge0 will do its job and
domU-router will be the front end, right? (if so then I set up NAT)

Unfortunately, I think, if I get domU-router to issue a DHCP request, what
happens is that it goes out onto bridge0 with the domU-router MAC address
as source. I can see it with tcpdump on wm0 but I don't know if it
actually goes out on the wire, and nothing ever comes back. I don't see
any way around that and seem to have been all over the internet looking
for clues - is there a way to do this, network wise?

I see that you can push wm0 into the domU-router with pciback though not
sure if possible, using NetBSD-9.0_STABLE and xen4.11 ?

iain