Re: xen networking

On Sat, 6 Jun 2020, Greg Troxel wrote:

> As I understand it, xvifN.M on the dom0 and domU-N xennetM are logically
> on a separate virtual ethernet, one for each pair.  So you can put an
> address on the xvif end.  In my setups, I didn't, and just put them in a
> bridge with wm0, because I really wanted to just bridge the domUs to the
> real ethernet, as if they were separate computers and plugged in.
>
> I had forgotten about this, that you can  (I think) put an address on an
> xvif.

I seem to have had that working for a time, then it went away and I'm not
sure what I broke to make it not work again. I modified the vif script and
just added the dhcp server address to every xvif and had nothing but xvif
in the bridge. Although the routing looked a bit off it didn't matter
because it was all on the bridge anyway.

iain