Re: Stopped in -current, xenkernel411 Dom0 at boot time

On 5/26/20 9:14 AM, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
On Tue, 26 May 2020 at 13:32, Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:

On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 09:36:01PM -0400, Louis Guillaume wrote:
Hi,

The -current Xen DOM0 kernel from today, 2020-05-24 stops on boot. But never
enters DDB, nor dumps core. So I can't really tell what's going on.
Everything's locked up so I can't even ctrl-alt-ESC to drop to ddb.

GENERIC boots up fine. I'm attaching the GENERIC dmesg.boot and a screenshot
from the console as it is left during XEN Dom0 Boot.

 From the screenshot, you *are* in ddb ...

Evidently yes :) but as Chavdar pointed out - I'm frozen there.

Yes, but I'd like to mention that in a similar situation the USB
keyboard I had attached to the laptop didn't work with ddb, whereas
the built-in laptop one works. Wouldn't be surprised if this case is
the same w/r to the keyboard.

So yes - the panic did put me in ddb, but the system's frozen. The keyboard is unresponsive.

I did try going back to netbsd-9, where the Xen dom0 kernel boots up fine. But I found myself in a similar situation where I foolishly configured my raidframe with -A root and forgot to actually put any filesystem on it, so "boot" got stuck prompting for the root device - And the USB keyboard was unresponsive the same way. I had to PXE boot and un-configure the raid device.

I believe this issue is in kern/53599, except I don't get any device at all as the console keyboard.

# dmesg|egrep "(pckbc|console)"
[ 1.000003] wsdisplay0 at vga0 kbdmux 1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)
[     1.000003] pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60-0x64
[     1.000003] autoconfiguration error: pckbc: cmd word write error

The machine doesn't have a keyboard port (other than USB). If the USB keyboard is too risky for a console, does the same thing apply to a USB serial console?

--
Louis