Suggested Hardware?

Hello!

I'm looking to replace my old NetBSD/Xen Dom0 hardware (netbsd-7/Xen 4.6.3), which is getting quite old. The Hardware is not HVM able, so all guests are still running in PV mode. Assuming I will stay on NetBSD for Dom0, my questions are:

  o What to look for hardware-wise - or maybe better - what to avoid?
    If anyone has specifically good or bad experiences with particular
    boards that would be really helpful.

  o Will my guests "Just Work" if going from a PV host to HVM? I imagine
    certain hardware names in the config files may need to change, and
    probably kernels will need to be updated, but will everything else
    work within the guests' userlands? All guests are Linux or NetBSD

Any guidance would be most appreciated. Also - I'd be happy to contribute my experiences to the wiki assuming all goes well...

Louis