Re: Dom0 - fatal page fault in supervisor mode when root FS is on a slice of disklabel lying on a raidframe device, built up from two GPT wedges

On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 01:19:17PM +0200, Matthias Petermann wrote:
> Yes, sure... this would have been my next question, why the NetBSD/xen
> kernel behaves different than the standard kernel.

With the standard kernel, the boot loader pass informations about the boot
device to the kernel using a NetBSD-specific protocol. With Xen we have to use
the multiboot protocol (which comes from the linux world), and there's no
provision here to pass boot device informations. In this case we have to go
the linux way, and use the root= parameter. When such parameter is absent,
the kernel tries to use the first probed disk as root device.