Re: Android DomU boots but hangs with qemu-dm showing 90+ cpu usage on dom0

On July 23, 2018 11:13:46 PM GMT+08:00, Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> wrote:
This is on NetBSD 8.0_RC1 amd64 xen*48.

I am able to get android x86 boot as HVM DomU (though ideally would like
it as PV, but not yet able to achieve that.)

The configuration is

builder = 'hvm'
memory = '2000'
disk=['phy:/dev/rsd1,xvda,w']
name = 'android'
boot = 'c'
vnc = 1
usb = 1
vcpus = 3
usbdevice = [ 'tablet' ]
stdvga=1
videoram=32

At rsd1 I have a USB stick which boots and works find independently,
though not through xen.

It boots and after grub dialogue, it hangs at "detecting android-x86 ...
found at /dev/sda1" with Dom0 showing near 100% cpu usage for qemu-dm.

I have also tried a raw disk image with file:/, but it leads to the same
issue.

Request suggestions.

Mayuresh

Hi Mayuresh,

Thank you for trying Android on Xen domU. Can you give a bit more information please, there are several logs available:

xl dmesg
dmesg of dom0
xen logs from the qemu backend

etc. if you need more specific help, feel free to ask.

Once you have the relevant logs, can you please file a PR with the relevant bits so we can understand what's happening with your setup ?

Many thanks,

Cherry