Android DomU boots but hangs with qemu-dm showing 90+ cpu usage on dom0

This is on NetBSD 8.0_RC1 amd64 xen*48.

I am able to get android x86 boot as HVM DomU (though ideally would like
it as PV, but not yet able to achieve that.)

The configuration is

builder = 'hvm'
memory = '2000'
disk=['phy:/dev/rsd1,xvda,w']
name = 'android'
boot = 'c'
vnc = 1
usb = 1
vcpus = 3
usbdevice = [ 'tablet' ]
stdvga=1
videoram=32

At rsd1 I have a USB stick which boots and works find independently,
though not through xen.

It boots and after grub dialogue, it hangs at "detecting android-x86 ...
found at /dev/sda1" with Dom0 showing near 100% cpu usage for qemu-dm.

I have also tried a raw disk image with file:/, but it leads to the same
issue.

Request suggestions.

Mayuresh