Re: Configuring domU filesystem image from dom0

alaric%snell-pym.org.uk@localhost (Alaric Snell-Pym) writes:

>But: How does one do this in practice? I have created my nice LVM LV for
>my domU root. I can newfs it and mount it as a filesystem, but of
>course, the domU kernel sees it as an entire disk, and so expects a
>disklabel.

The most simple method is to use the ccd driver. E.g.:

    ccdconfig -c ccd0 0 /dev/mapper/vgroup-lvol

will create a pseudo device that can be accessed with disk ioctls.

In netbsd-7 this is limited to a standard disk device, i.e. you can
use disklabel partitions. In -current you can create wedges but
there seems to be a locking bug.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost