Re: Raspberry Pi 2, nfs mount hangs after some time

    Date:        Mon, 26 Oct 2015 09:41:14 +0530
    From:        Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost>

  | after a while the nfs mount got hung.

What mount options did you use?

  | Is there any known issue and workaround for this.

Issue, yes, NetBSD's nfs client has been buggy approximately forever
(I used to see that problem back in 1.3 days (ie: ~ 20 years ago), and
have never seen anything that could even remotely be considered a fix being
committed.)

For workarounds, mount using tcp (won't cure the problem, but will
make it far less common), and use interruptible mounts (mount_nfs -T -i)
so when it does hang, you can kill the process(es) at least.

  | I tried mounting an NFS share from Linux, though got "RPC Program not
  | registered error". Not sure why.

Something that you didn't start that linux expects probably.   But that
would make no difference, the NFS server on NetBSD is just fine, and
perfectly safe to use, it is just the client that tends to hang.

kre