usb devices in domU

I have used xen extensively but never with domU access to usb devices.  Currently, however, I would like to set up a domU (windows in this case) that has access to a usb device.  NetBSD is the dom0, of course.  Is it possible to pass through usb devices directly?  Must a usb controller be passed through as a pci device?  Is this goal even achievable?

Thank you for any help you can offer.  If possible I would greatly appreciate any config file examples that illustrate this.

Cheers,
Brook