Re: what builds and what doesn't - worse than I expected

On 2014-05-14 12:56, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 09:51:42AM -0700, John Nemeth wrote:

On May 14, 10:25am, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
} On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 07:17:59PM -0700, John Nemeth wrote:
} > On May 13,  3:58pm, Greg Troxel wrote:
} > }
} > } The HOWTO is out of date, and I wanted to make sure the right thing was
} > } recommended.   My take is that the right recommendation now is
} > }
} > }    xen: 4.1
} > }    dom0: NetBSD 6 stable, amd64
} > }
} > } except that maybe it should be 4.2. I looked at package building
} >
} >      Unless there is a very good reason to specify otherwise, I
} > would go with 4.2.  There were a number of positive reports about
} > it after I imported it.
}
} I'm still using features from the xm toolstack which are not in xl in 4.2 ...

     And, what features are those?

for example, options to xm shutdown (I don't remember right now if it's -a
or -w, I do use both)

xl shutdown -a -w is available in xen 4.3, but not in 4.2. It seems the xen folks are slowly adding back features in xm into xl.

We definitely need to keep 3.3 for a while longer, however, I won't shed a tear if 4.1 is removed from pkgsrc as 4.2 just works so much better. I still can't shutdown an old Freebsd HVM domU using the xl tool in 4.2, but I just haven't spent anytime to look into it.