Re: Xen console detection/selection

Erik Fair writes:
-
- On Apr 28, 2014, at 12:37 , david l goodrich <dlg%dsrw.org@localhost> wrote:
-
- > Your menu name - "Boot Xen (vga) and  "console=com0" are
- > contradictory.  If you'd really like the dom0 output going to
- > VGA, use 'console=pc' instead.
-
- What I'd really like is to see Xen Hypervisor console output on
- the screen. Or is there simply none at all?

Here's what I have on a little HP workstation, and I have used
on a Sun X2200M2 in the past:

    menu=Xen dom0:load /netbsd-XEN3_DOM0 console=pc;multiboot /xen.gz
dom0_mem=2048M

Note the lack of any console definition on the xen kernel line.
This was last used with xenkernel42/xentools42 (currently the
system is running GENERIC, as it no longer needs to run a VM.)

--
Eric Schnoebelen                eric%cirr.com@localhost
http://www.cirr.com