Re: recommended VNC settings?

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 03:07:45PM -0500, david l goodrich wrote:
> I'm trying to set up a domU on a NetBSD 6.1.2 dom0, running Xen
> 4.1.6.1 from pkgsrc.  the domu appears to start, but attempts to
> connect via VNC immediately disconnect.  does anyone have
> recommendations for VNC settings in the domu config?  Barring
> that, does anyone have a functioning config i can just copy?

I've never seen client immediate disconnect. Could be that client and
the Xen serer don't agree on options.
What client are you using ? I'm using vncviewer-4.1.2nb2
On the server I use
vnc = 1
vncdisplay = 0
vncunused = 0
vncpasswd=""
vnclisten='127.0.0.1'

(and use a ssh tunnel to connect, as the server only listent on localhost).

This reminds me: if you're using a tunnel (or the client directly on the
server), really use 127.0.0.1 and not localhost: with localhost it'll
try to connect to [::1] and won't fall back to ipv4.
This may be the problem you're seeing.