Re: Installing a NetBSD DomU on a file-backed disk

On 6/12/2012 12:11 AM, Blair Sadewitz wrote:
Just to clarify:  I have no control from a management console which
allows me to boot a rescue image, manage virtual disks, etc.  I can
reboot it or connect from a management console; that's it.  I am
booting the NetBSD installer by dropping an install kernel in
/boot/grub and telling grub:

title NetBSD
root (hd0)
kernel /boot/netbsd

If I could just figure out how to get it to boot again after it's installed ...

Kernel is in /boot/grub, but your grub config line is /boot/netbsd ?

From the original message:
"On NetBSD, I get xbd0.  Obviously, a conventional installation here fails."

Why is that?  I have /dev/xbd0 as the only disk on my Xen VPS.  Works fine.

-d