Re: Qualified success building -current EC2 AMI

On 1/29/12 4:00 AM, Andreas Gustafsson wrote:
Hi all,

I managed to build a working NetBSD-current EC2 AMI by following the
instructions at

   http://wiki.netbsd.org/amazon_ec2/build_your_own_ami/

Running the ATF tests didn't crash it, so I was able to close PR 45028.
They did turn up a couple of other oddities, though:

1. Several kernel module related tests failed, apparently because
no modules were installed.

2. The util/t_dd:length test failed because the /dev/fd directory was
empty; the test ended up creating /dev/fd/5 as an ordinary file.

Also, I noticed that the pre-built AMI (ami-c4ef1dad) uses a different
AKI and block device mapping than the instructions:

   Pre-built AMI: aki-4e7d9527, /dev/sda, /dev/sdb
   Instructions:  aki-427d952b, /dev/sda1, /dev/sda2

Why are these different, and should either the pre-built AMI or the
instructions be updated so that they match?

I am currently working on creating AMIs for 6.0-ALPHA (well, ok, "-current" at the moment ;), and will update the instructions on the wiki as needed.

Thanks for looking at this stuff.

+j