Re: linux dom0 versus NetBSD dom0

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 01:37:47PM -0800, Brian Buhrow wrote:
> [...]
>
> 2.  We know we can use the xbd driver
> to provide virtual disks in NetBSD, but are other storage technologies
> mature in the NetBSD environment?  I'm thinking aboutthings like ISCSI,
> NFS, or other network storage technologies.

Using NFS from a domU should be no problem. It seems there's problems
using NFS in dom0 as file: storage for domUs in netbsd-5; I don't know
if this is fixed with recent netbsd-5 or netbsd-6.
I've no experience with iSCSI, theorically it should work.

> 3.  How far behind is NetBSD in the general Xen  development cycle?  In
> looking at the http://www.xen.org web page, it looks like Xen-4.x is the
> current release of Xen.  Will this be the  Xen release built into NetBSD-6?

It's already available for netbsd-4 and netbsd-5 as it's in pkgsrc.
Xen version is mostly independant from OS version; NetBSD-6 can run on
both Xen 3.1, 3.3 and 4 (and probably 3.2 as well but it's harder to test).

> Are there particular features that work or don't workin NetBSD versus
> Linux?

Probably, but I don't have a list handy. It's probably better to list the
features you need.