Re: Freezing Dom0

Dear all,

coming back to an old thread from Aug 8th.

"I have one Dom0 machine which freezes every about 2 weeks without anything
written to the kernel log. The machine ran VMware before, so I would nearly
exclude hardware related problems (of course one can never be sure).

I upgraded this machine to -current already (just in case this is something
which has already been fixed).

The only difference to the other machines is: it runs only one CentOS DomU and
this machine uses much more network resources (it has a Lustre file system
mounted which is heavily used).

I meanwhile have some diagnostics output which is attached (unfortunately a
screen shot only). I was unable to interact, as the "virtual keyboard" which is
emulated by the HP management tools seems not to work (and the machine is in a
different building), but I hope someone has some idea what the problem could

The hardware monitor tools from HP haven't found anything hardware related.

Thanks for any hint and best regards,

<> Dr. Torsten Harenberg     harenberg%physik.uni-wuppertal.de@localhost  <>
<> Bergische Universitaet                                       <>
<> FB C - Physik             Tel.: +49 (0)202 439-3521          <>
<> Gaussstr. 20              Fax : +49 (0)202 439-2811          <>
<> 42097 Wuppertal                                              <>
<><><><><><><>< Of course it runs NetBSD http://www.netbsd.org ><>