Re: NetBSD on Xen4

Am 31.07.11 16:49, schrieb Manuel Bouyer:
On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 04:43:57PM +0200, Dirk wrote:
That is right, sorry.

The network interface comes up, but there is no traffic successfully
reaching outside. No error, nothing.
Did you try tcpdump on the outside interface, and on the domU's vif
in the dom0
Okay, I have tried to do a fresh install of NetBSD 5.1 with a current xen install kernel. I have omitted the "module" parameter from vif settings.

But the install kernel does not manage to access the network: It cannot connect the name server when downloading from ftp.netbsd.org. I have configured xennet0 manually several times, started the installation several times, but no luck.

I have run a tcpdump on the vif of the installation guest, but there is just the normal broadcast traffic from the bridge it is connected to, nothing from the VM.

Dirk