Re: call for testing: xen 4.1 packages

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 01:55:33PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > [...]
> > In /etc/rc.conf add:
> >
> > xend=YES
> >
> > Differences to earlier xen versions:
> >
> > xenbackendd=YES is no longer needed in rc.conf.
> >

> > I highly recommend the use of 'xl'. xl is basically 'xm' rewritten in C.
> > The syntax and usage of xl is equivalent to xm.
> >
> > xl does not require xend to run.
> > xl requires xenstored and xenconsoled to run.
> > xend no longer starts them automatically.
> > The xencommon start script starts xenstored, xenconsoled and xenbackendd.
>
> there is no xencommon script inclued with your package.

I finally found it, but it was installed in /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/ instead
of /usr/share/example/rc.d/
I fixed this, and added them to files/ so they can be handled by
the RCD_SCRIPTS system

> I started xenstored, xenconsoled and xenbackendd by hand.
> Then xl complained that there was no /var/run/xenstored.pid; indeed there
> was none while xenstored was running properly.
> I created one with touch and now xl is happy:

using xencommon seems to have fixed this.

> [...]
> xl create complains with:
> borneo:/usr/pkg-xen33#xl create -c /usr/pkg/etc/xen/nb1
> Parsing config file /usr/pkg/etc/xen/nb1
> cannot open the lockfile /usr/pkg/var/lib/xl errno=2
>
> this should probably be changed to /var/run

I fixed this; more patches ...

> after creating /usr/pkg/var/lib, I get:
> borneo:#xl create -c /usr/pkg/etc/xen/nb1
> Parsing config file /usr/pkg/etc/xen/nb1
> Daemon running with PID 3096
> xenconsole: Could not read tty from store: No such file or directory
> borneo:#xl console nb1
>
> xenconsole: Could not read tty from store: No such file or directory
>

> xl list shows the domain running, but I'm not sure if it did boot or not.
> xl top shows it at 100% CPU; I see xvif1.0 has been added to the bridge
> but I can't ping it.

this issue is still here. the domain start but there seems to be no
console available, it consumes 100% CPU.

Anyone has a working example file for a xen 4.1 PV domU ?

A HVM guest seems to be working fine, BTW