Re: SMP related diffs.

On 25 March 2011 01:06, Hugo Silva <hugo%barafranca.com@localhost> wrote:

> Hello Cherry,
>
> First of all thank you so much for working on this! Xen SMP will be a
> killer dom0/domU feature for NetBSD!

Hi Hugo,

Just to clarify - these patches are _not_ sufficient for MP support on
Xen yet. What I'm trying to do is to integrate the changes in stages,
so that code is gradually worked in and -current is not broken. Most
of the locking stuff in these patches, for eg: would just degrade to
#define nothing for UP.

> I applied the xen-domu-up.diff patch and everything went great this time.
>

> panic: kernel diagnostic assertion "!simple_lock_held(&evts->ev_lock)"
> failed: file "/usr/src/sys/arch/xen/x86/intr.c", line 164

Ok, thanks, I'll look into this. It shouldn't happen.

Thanks a lot for helping out with trying out new patches!

Cheers,

--
~Cherry