Re: Upgrading in the XEN world

At 17:09 Uhr +0000 17.12.2010, Stephen Borrill wrote:
>On Fri, 17 Dec 2010, Hauke Fath wrote:
>> What about, and what are the implications of
>>
>> o upgrading dom0 to netbsd-5 while keeping the netbsd-4 domus for now?
>> o upgrading dom0 to netbsd-5 amd64, keeping the domus?
>> o upgrading dom0 to amd64, and the domus to i386?
>> o running upgraded domus on the netbsd-4 dom0?
>
>The related question is PAE vs non-PAE

I dimly remember the acronym, yes. So, what from the above list can I
expect to work?

>and and upgrade to xen 3.3. What
>version of xen are you currently using?

The dom0 has

# pkg_info | grep xen
xenkernel3-3.1.2nb1 Xen3 Kernel
xentools3-3.1.2     Userland Tools for Xen
xentools3-hvm-3.1.2 Tools for Virtual Machine Extensions support in Xen
#

        hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281