RE: Problem with auto-starting DomU on NetBSD5.0.2 running Xen3.3

Other question I had (and never asked so far) was if we have multiple guest
domainname put in xendomains param in rc.conf, I assume the order of creating
them is as specified in the param. Does it also guarantee that a given VM is up
and running before next VM is going to be created. I know that the definition
of "up and running" is subject to user interpretation. What I want to find out
is if there's any way to serialize the VM creation and have hook which checks
(using xm commands) if the given VM has reached a particular state before going
to next VM.

I could think of two ways to do that. Pl let me know which one I should go with
or if you have any better alternative.
1) Put hooks in xendomains script itself to check if given VM is active. Put
sleep to wait if required.
2) Get rid off the auto-creation of VM. That is, xendomains in rc.conf is
empty. Have a custom script to be called during init (after xend/xenbackend of
course) that creates the domains (using xm create) serially and makes sure one
is up before next is created.

Thanks,
Kalpesh