Re: Balloon driver.

On 7 July 2010 17:03, Thor Lancelot Simon <tls%panix.com@localhost> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 07, 2010 at 08:34:31AM +0530, Cherry G. Mathew wrote:
>>
>> use 'xm mem-set' command as mentioned above.
>
> This overrides 'sysctl -w kern.xen.balloon.target=$newtargetinpages'
> from within the DomU, I hope?  That is, the DomU can't ask for more
> memory than has been mem-set for it on the Dom0?
>
> Thor

At the moment, no, since we don't have a hotpluggable uvm(9). I'm not
sure if this is possible at all, or with other OS (linux ?) domUs,
since it is the hypervisor's job to make sure this doesn't happen.

Also, cegger@ pointed out to me that the sysctl nodes are only useful
for dom0. Thus they should go away for domUs. This does not answer
your question though. I'll leave it to be answered by people who're
more familiar with the Xen kernel than I am.

--
~Cherry