Re: Disk performance issues in DOMU

I have had several dom0s and done testing with just dd reading from the
disk.  I found that on dom0 I got a reasonable value that I associated
with my expectations for the HW (80 MB/s, IIRC, and this was normal ATA
disks 4-5 years ago).  It was about 10% slower to read the backing file
in the dom0 fs, and 10% slower again to read rxbd0a in the domU.

It looks like you are getting 529MB/s read on the disks.  This sounds
hard to believe and I wonder if your test is big enough to get it out of
the cache.
With dom0 you'll have less memory and less cache.

I don't understand the domU write speeds being so low.