Re: dom0 RAIDframe device as phy: disk for domU

On 27.05.2010 0:14, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:
On 26.05.2010 10:59, Victor Gamov wrote:

Hi All

We use NetBSD-5.0.1 on AMD64 with XEN3 as dom0. We use FreeBSD as HVM
domU. This domU use 'file:/data,ioemu:hdb,w' as it one of two disks.

I create RAIDfraim raid2a device at NetBSD and already run
"newfs /dev/rraid2a"

But now I want to use this raid2a as 'phy:/dev/rraid2a,ioemu:hdb,w' for
FreeBSD domU VM.

Is it possible?

Should work, yes

Which disk will be more performance and reliable?

The "file" provider adds another indirection layer, as the file has to
be mounted with vnd(4). This necessarily causes overhead, although I
expect it to be negligible (compared to the I/O emulation for the domU).

Do I need to recreate this raid2a device or it's not a problem to have
dom0 filesystem? It will be corrupted when I create filesystem at domU
but I will don't use it from dom0

No need. You won't be able to mount raid2a within dom0 though.

I see

Thanks!

--
CU,