Re: TLS/lwp_private support

On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 09:48:25PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> Hi all,
> attached is a patch to properly implement %fs/%gs handling on amd64.
> It is good enough to allow running a simple TLS test case in the linux
> emulation after raising the faked kernel version to 2.6.19. I would like
> to get both review and testing.

I finally got some time to test your patch ...

Applied on my Sony VAIO laptop which has Intel CPUs, it make the
compat linux works. While most binaries crashed before, they now seems
to work just fine. Great !

In the mean time, this seems to break 32bit compats. Both netbsd32 and
linux binaries don't go anywhere except in a loop eating all CPU.

Thanks for working on this.

--
Nicolas Joly

Biological Software and Databanks.