Re: GigE Performance in Dom0

"Sam Fourman Jr." <sfourman%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 2:27 PM, Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:
>>
>> so have you done "pkg_delete xentools33" and can you make the poor
>> performance come and go at will?
>
> idk, I haven't tried it, atm I have 2 separate machines and I just
> never installed xentools33 on one of them.

So therefore you have no idea whether xentools33 is the issue or if
there is something different about the second machine that you don't
understand yet.  Installing bits in /usr/pkg and not running them seems
unlikely to be an issue, but then in your current situation everything
is unlikely...

So I would try uninstalling xentools33 and rebooting the machine that's
slow and installing and rebooting the other one.

My best guess is a bad cable or unfortunate autonegotiation.