[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
[PAE support] Types + cosmetic fixes
Before asking for review of the patch regarding PAE support inside native
i386 kernel (inspired from jmorse@ work from a few weeks ago), I would like
to commit these beforehand ( & ). I made them separate because they
are not for PAE support "per-see."
They are mostly types + cosmetic fixes. As some of you may now, introducing
PAE affects the x86 paradigm inside NetBSD a bit:
- sizeof paddr_t != sizeof vaddr_t (64 bits for paddr_t, 32 bits for
- "unsigned long" cannot be considered as a physical address anymore
This affect a couple of printfs(), printk() and debugging messages, as well
as some variables types used inside x86 pmap .
Second small patch  contains fixes regarding UVM:
- RLIMIT_RSS which is now set to VM_MAXUSER_ADDRESS (shouldn't it be set to
MIN(VM_MAXUSER_ADDRESS, ptoa(uvmexp.free) instead?),
- ptoa => ctob use (to avoid vaddr_t casts, which might be bad for systems
with total RAM > 4GB)
- a small fix inside AGP heuristics to avoid masking high order bits
Compile tested for ALL, GENERIC, XEN3 kernels for i386, and GENERIC, XEN3*
In case someone wonders, if PAE is added as default option for ALL, more
fixes will be needed in some drivers under sys/dev/ (paddr_t vs unsigned
long issues). Question is: should it be added to ALL for additional checks?
Main Index |
Thread Index |