Re: xen and networking problems

Here is some additional information.  It seems that the presence or
absence of PAE support may be related to the lack of a functioning fxp
interface.  I have now tested the machine with a series of xen/kernel
combinations.  These were all built from cvs checkout of source as of
2009-08-01 for src and pkgsrc-2009Q3 for pkgsrc.

xen             kernel          fxp
none            MONOLITHIC      functional
3.1.4           XEN3_DOM0       functional
3.1.4/PAE       XEN3PAE_DOM0    nonfunctional
3.3.2           XEN3PAE_DOM0    nonfunctional

As far as I can tell, xen v3.3.2 will only boot PAE kernels.

By a nonfunctional fxp interface, I mean that upon entry into the
fxp_rxintr function the value of rfa->rfa_status is always zero, which
is interpreted by the driver to mean that no packets are available.

What about the PAE support in xen, the kernel, or both could lead to
this problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot.

Cheers,