Re: xen and networking problems

Manuel Bouyer writes:
 > Next step would be to put instrumentation in dev/ic/i82557.c,
 > fxp_start() and fxp_rxintr() are called (and if so, what they
 > do with the mbuf).

Ok, I've started that.

For reference, I'm working with i82577.c v1.129.

I added some printf() statements at the beginning and end of
fxp_start, fxp_rxintr, and fxp_txintr.  fxp_rxintr is called many
times, presumably for every packet received by the hardware.

For each outgoing packet, for example created by ping, fxp_start is
called and completes, then fxp_txintr is called and completes.

At this point, I'm not certain how to investigate the fate of mbufs.

Any help from people who know something about this driver or kernel
buffer handling is greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot.

Cheers,
Brook