Re: Xorg doesn't work on NetBSD 5.0.1 (amd64) Xen dom0

Helge Mühlmeier schrieb:
Helge Mühlmeier schrieb:
Hi all,

I have a problem here to get X working on my workstation. It is a amd64 NetBSD 5.0.1 with installed xenkernel33 (from pkgsrc 2009Q3) and dom0 kernel from ftp.netbsd.org.

With GENERIC kernel X is working fine ( I tried nvidia and radeon cards; both PCIe). If I start with dom0- kernel the workstation is booting and I have a console. But "startx" don't work anymore... I get a blank screen and have to do a hard reset...

Do somebody have solved that problem?

Greetings,

Helge

Hi,

I found a workaround for my problem... I have 8 GB of Ram installed but I have to give xen-kernel only 4 GB (with more Ram X didn't start).
I added "mem=4G" to my /boot.cfg...

menu=Boot Xen with 1GB for dom0:load /netbsd-XEN3_DOM0 console=pc;multiboot /xenkernel mem=4G dom0_mem=1024M

Does somebody knows if there is a patch to be able to use the total amount of ram?

Greetings,
Helge

PS: Thanks to Juergen Buchmueller for his support! He tells me what I have to do...

Hi,

that was too fast... This config doesn't work because there is not enough ram available for domU's... I have 4 GB but only 128 MB should be available like "xm info" tells me...

I tried to change settings and remove 4 GB hardware from computer... but still doesn't work...

Does somebody have an idea?

Greetings,
Helge