Re: NetBSD domU and the real server

Jean-Yves Migeon schrieb:
Dirk H. Schulz wrote:

You mean that it also crashes the same way with just the dom0 and one NetBSD domU running?
Yes, ist does.

How does it report the crash? Non responsive console? Blank screen?
Both servers are not reachable any more, and there is absolutely nothing on the console: blank screen. No kernel panic with output, no reaction to alt-ctrl-del, nothing: just gone.

Without further information, it is hard to tell. A good start would be a stacktrace, xm dmesg, or Xen console output.

A stacktrace of the dom0 kernel, then?
I have never done that (and googling did not show up any fast howto), so please point me to docs on that, if possible.

For Linux, a trace would look something like this, logged to console output (typically, your screen, or serial port):

http://pastebin.com/f4db7480c (look for "oops")

Documentation:
http://kerneltrap.org/sup/3648/oops-tracing.txt
http://lkcd.sourceforge.net/

I will have a look at it, thank you.

Just wondering: is there an X server running in your dom0?
No, it is just a cli installation.

Dirk