Re: vnd storage on NFS -> panic

>>>>> Stephen Borrill writes:

Stephen> What is the general consensus on best practice for shared
Stephen> storage between dom0s? i.e. I would like bring up the domU on
Stephen> a different machine if required.

I have not tried vnd on NFS, but I run a number of domU:s with
root-on-NFS. And the NFS server is not on the dom0 but on another
physical machine.

It works very well.

Just make sure you do not run STP if you use a bridge in dom0.

        -- Urban

Stephen> I have NetBSD 5.0_STABLE dom0s (a mixture of i386 PAE and
Stephen> amd64) with Xen 3.3.2. I recall that there are issues with
Stephen> sparse vnd files on ffs, but thought sparse files on NFS was
Stephen> OK. I created a 10G sparse file on NFS and then attempted to
Stephen> use that for a NetBSD i386 domU (amd64 dom0 with 8GB RAM and
Stephen> wm(4) as network cards). On the first domU disk write
Stephen> (disklabel from sysinst), the dom0 panicked:

Stephen> panic: kernel diagnostic assertion "pg != NULL" failed: file
Stephen> "/usr/src/5.0/sys/uvm/uvm_pager.c", line 524

Stephen> -- Stephen