Re: Disk Issues?

I added 'extras = "-s2"' to the config file.

Explicitly selecting option 1 still had the hangs.  (Started on
extract of man.tgz on a full install.)
Also went directly into sysinst, almost like the extras line was ignored.
Again, frequent stallouts of the extract, but always recovering.

Explicitly selecting option 2 in the NetBSD bootstrap (disable ACPI)
got me a supervisor fault:
warning: no /dev/console
panic: cnopen: no console device
fatal breakpoint trap in supervisor mode
trap type 1 code 0 rip ffffffff804f1575 cs 8 rflags 246 cr2
7f7ffde3d188 cpl 0 rsp ffff8000243d67f0
Stopped in pid 2.1 (sh) at      ffffffff804f1575:     leave

Explicitly selecting option 3 in the NetBSD bootstrap (disable ACPI
and SMP) got a hang after:
sysbeep0 at pcppi0
fdc0 at isa0 port 0x3f0-0x3f7 irq 6 drq 2
attimer0: attached to pcppi0

I could break in and got:
fatal breakpoint trap in supervisor mode
trap type 1 code 0 rip ffffffff804f1575 cs 8 rflags 202 cr2  0 cpl 6
rsp ffff80002395a9c8
Stopped in pid 0.9 (system) at 0xffffffff804f1575:     leave
db{0}>

Note: I've upgraded the dom0 kernel to 5.0.1 for the above.
using amd64cd-5.0.1.iso for the install image gets the same affect:
man.tgz stalls a lot, xcomp.tgz stalls at the end, xserver.tgz stalls
in the middle

Any ideas on what I should poke at?

-=erik.

--
"Exactly two things have made airline travel safer since 9/11:
reinforcement of cockpit doors, and passengers who now know that they