Disk Issues?

Hi,

A quick scan of the list didn't turn anything up, but I would have
otherwise thought that people would have noticed this:

I'm seeing issues with *disk* IO under HVM that doesn't exist under PV.

Setup:
Hardware:
- Dual core AMD64
- 4G RAM
- 250G HD  (with a local mount point called /n/xen)
- dual ethernet

dom0:
- netbsd/amd64 5.0_RC2 XEN3_DOM0
- 256M allocation

domU - HVM
- netbsd/amd64 5.0_RC2 GENERIC
- 2048M allocation
- file:/n/xen/IMG/dev0,ioemu:hda,w  phy:/dev/wd0e,hba,w
file:/n/xen/NetBSD5/amd64cd.iso,ioemu:hdc,r

domU - PV
- netbsd/amd64 5.0_RC2 XEN3_DOMU
- 2048M allocation
- file:/n/xen/IMG/dev0,0x03,w  phy:/dev/wd0e,0x04,w

Under HVM:
* On boot I get lost interrupts for the phy: drive(s) [originally the
first drive was a phy: as well].
* I can pull a disklabel off the drive, but attempting to mount
results in timeouts and eventual failure.
* file: access randomly hangs;  extracting sets on the install paused
midway through and only completed a couple of 10s of _minutes_ later.
(sysinst reported -stalled-)

The only reason I attempted HVM was to get multiple CPU support into
the domU.  But with the drive issues, any performance gain of the
additional core is more than lost.

Am I missing something?

tia,
-=erik.

--
"Exactly two things have made airline travel safer since 9/11:
reinforcement of cockpit doors, and passengers who now know that they