Xen IPC

Hello-
I am working on a project to modify Xen to precisely control the execution
times of the individual guest domains, and I need some help.  I considered
modifying the XM python program, but it is not precise or fast enough for my
application.

I want to be able to pass short, simple message quickly between an
application-level process and the Xen kernel asynchonously.  I found an IPC
mechanism designed for the method called netlink
(http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7356), but I am not sure how to
incorporate it into the Xen kernel.  When I attempt to recompile the kernel
with netlink, I get errors that seem to stem from type issues I am not
familiar with.

2 questions:
Is it possible to use a mechanism such as netlink with Xen?  If so, how?
Is there other functionality within Xen that could be used with minimal
modification to do IPC within domain0?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
--Derek