Re: Dom0 (NetBSD) / DomU (Linux) - PCI Access

First of all thanks for your advice. Indeed, it worked! Now I'm able to access the PCI device within my domU domain.
But currently I'm running into other problems...

My WLAN device needs the "iwlagn" driver in order to work. That's why I'll have to compile a new Xen domU kernel for my domain. Is there any tutorial out there how to do this with Debian unstable? I already googled but I couldn't find something useful.

Greets,

Victor

HATANO Hiromichi wrote:
Hi.

title Xen 3.3 / NetBSD (hda0, vga)
root            (hd0,1)
kernel         (hd0,1,f)/xen dom0_mem=1800M
module (hd0,1,f)/netbsd-XEN3_DOM0 bootdev=wd0f ro console=tty0
pciback.hide=(03:00.0)

I think the Xentools33 doesn't support pci-passthrough.

I rebooted into the Dom0 and I was unable to use the PCI device (as
expected). Afterwards I added following to my xen-domain file:
------
pci = ['0000:03:00:0']
------------

Because the setting is wrong, it is disregarded.
The correct setting is as follows.

pci = ['0000:03:00.0']
                  ~

However, it doesn't start at this setting.
Because the patch of pci.py is not exist.

If you want to use PCI-passthrough, it is necessary to use xen3(xenkernel3
/ xentools3)
Otherwise, you should write the patch to pci.py.

--
Victor Dorneanu

Contact
- Web: http://dornea.nu
- Mail: victor%dornea.nu@localhost

GnuPGP information
- KeyID = 0xFFABDCB4 (subkeys.pgp.net)
- Key fingerprint = 926F 8BFE 010A 8992 8914 BA5A 8919 BE7E FFAB DCB4