Re: Running OpenBSD/amd64 as HVM domU.

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 09:57:07AM +0200, Anders Magnusson wrote:
> I just did a test with Ubuntu as a HVM domU, and I got the same result
> except for that the rtl8139 emulation worked
> and seems to run just fine :-)
> So it seems as there is a deeper problem when it comes to the ne driver
> (and probably the others).
>
> Is this something in NetBSD or is it xen only?

I don't think it's related to NetBSD, unless there's NetBSD-specific
patches in this area (I didn't check). The Xen 3.1.4 rtl8139 emulation
worked just fine with a NetBSD kernel for me (and does for a windows
guest too), good enough to do a network install. I've not done much
tests with Xen 3.3 yet.

Manuel.Bouyer%lip6.fr@localhost