Re: "Hotplug scripts not working" again

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 04:19:19PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 09:07:30AM -0500, Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:
> > # xm list
> > Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State
> > Time(s)
> > Domain-0                                     0   768     1     r-----
> > 543.9
> > foo                                          1   128     1     r-----
> > 3.0
>
> Does it stay in 'r' state, or does it switch to 'b' ?

It stays in the 'r' state, unless I remove all the disks.  If I do that,
then it ends up in the 'b' state.  With disks attached it actually seems
like it's doing _something_ since the time keeps going up.

> > However, I can't attach a console:
> > # xm console foo
> > xenconsole: Could not read tty from store: No such file or directory
> maybe the domU didn't create its tty yet.
>
> > If I run "xenstore-ls /local/domain/1/console" I get:
> > ring-ref = "60227"
> > port = "2"
> > limit = "1048576"
> >
> > Note that there's no tty entry.  I don't see anything in particular in the
> > logs that says anything about console or tty.
>
> I think xenconsoled is supposed to write the tty. Is xenconsled running
> properly ?
> What does
> xenstore-ls /local/domain/0/backend/console/1
> says ?

Well, I noticed one thing that was different: the ptyfs on /dev/pts
wasn't mounted.  I added that to fstab, and rebooted the machine, and
I still can't connect to the console, but now at least "xm destroy foo"
actually seems to clean up everything based on the output of xenstore-ls.

Does xenconsoled have a debug mode like xenbackendd?  It doesn't seem
to support a -d option.  I wish there were man pages for these programs. :(

I wonder if this has anything to do with those recent messages I've seen
on tech-kern that say something about pty problems (kern/41566).  Guess
I'll need to go actually read them.

eric