Re: Cannot start xend: ERROR Internal error: Could not lock memory for Xen hypercall (35 = Resource temporarily unavailabl)

On 1/06/2009 7:23 AM, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:
Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
% ulimit -a -t: cpu time (seconds) unlimited
-f: file size (blocks) unlimited
-d: data seg size (kbytes) 262144
-s: stack size (kbytes) 2048
-c: core file size (blocks) unlimited
-m: resident set size (kbytes) 52316
-l: locked-in-memory size (kb) 52316
-u: processes 160
-n: file descriptors 128
-N 9: socket buffer size (kb) unlimited
-v: virtual memory size (kb) unlimited

(This is after I tried a 'ulimit -l unlimited', which increased the
locked-in-memory size but changed nothing for xend.)

You did it inside the xend script, didn't you?

Use ktruss(1) (# ktruss -i xend), and look for the mlock()/munlock()
calls. It should not lock() more than a few pages.

I think the correct way is to create a file called 'xend' in /etc/rc.conf.d/ with something like:

start_precmd="set_limits"

set_limits()
{
        ulimit -l unlimited