Re: disappointing upgrade to NetBSD 5.0

Dan Engholm wrote:
(XEN) *** LOADING DOMAIN 0 ***
(XEN)  Xen  kernel: 32-bit, PAE, lsb
(XEN)  Dom0 kernel: 32-bit, lsb, paddr 0xc0100000 -> 0xc0a51c54
(XEN)  Dom0 symbol map 0xc0a51c54 -> 0xc0b1e4c0
(XEN) Mismatch between Xen and DOM0

I assume the mismatch is the PAE thingy.

Correct.

In looking at the xenkernel33 package for about 10 minutes, I didn't see any way to tell it to not build with PAE support.

Starting from Xen 3.3, XenSource decided that only PAE would be supported. Hence, you cannot have hypervisor without PAE built in.

(My PC doesn't have enough memory in it to need PAE, anyway.) Why doesn't the kernel produced from the package work with the prebuilt NetBSD kernel? What am I doing wrong?

Nothing. Only -current has PAE support for dom0.

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost