Re: Network Configuration

Robert Swindells wrote:
Is there anything written down on when to use different types of
network config with Xen ?

The box that I'm trying to install Xen onto only has one network
interface, so I don't want to use bridge(4), but the other options of
routing and using NAT are only mentioned in passing in the howto
document.

There is the Xen Networking wiki [1]. It applies to Linux, but reasoning stays the same.

Xennet devices between dom0 and domU are similar to crossover cables, so the approach depends on what you want to achieve. You can have the L2/ethernet PoV and use bridge(4), or use L3/IP with routing, NAT being a special case of it.

[1] http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenNetworking

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost