Re: Module support in a NetBSD domU

On Dec 30, 2008, at 4:27 PM, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 12:26:30PM -0800, Michael Abd-El-Malek wrote:
Which API are you referring to?

pmap(9) for example, or bus_space(9)/bus_dma(9).

I don't know much about NetBSD internals. So I'm a bit confused why these interfaces would affect whether modules are allowed or not. To give you a bit more information, I'm building a virtualization-aware file system. To simplify development, I'd like this file system to be in a module. Of course, this is not necessary, but it would just simplify development.

Since I'm not using any internal hardware interfaces (like bus_dma), I thought kernel modules should easily work. Put another way, what's hindering the example module from working on a NetBSD domU?

Thanks,
Mike