Re: cannot set up LDT for thread-local storage

On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 01:01:27AM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> There's a native Java available, and a shim to let you run plugins such
> as acroread in a native firefox.  Also, you can always use an external
> viewer; I find that the plugin often makes my browser terribly unstable,
> even under purportedly supported host operating systems like OS X.

I agree on the stability advantage, but AFAIK nspluginwrapper doesn't work
for Java since it uses a different plugin API:

nspluginwrapper: /usr/pkg/java/sun-6/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so
is not a valid NPAPI plugin

Has anyone else been succesfull in getting a java plugin running in a
64-bit firefox3 binary?

        Geert