Re: cannot set up LDT for thread-local storage

On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 11:47:43PM -0500, John Hayward wrote:
[I wrote, but was not properly attributed]
>> You could run a native NetBSD firefox3 binary -- they seem to work OK,
>> FWIW.
>
> I am doing that - unfortunatly there are a lot of pdfs out there and I can
> get the firefox-linux to operate with those (same for java).

There's a native Java available, and a shim to let you run plugins such as
acroread in a native firefox.  Also, you can always use an external viewer;
I find that the plugin often makes my browser terribly unstable, even under
purportedly supported host operating systems like OS X.