Re: Xen 3.3 wont boot

   On Oct 16,  0:54, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:
   > Subject: Re: Xen 3.3 wont boot
   > Kazushi (Jam) Marukawa wrote:
   > > Is there any options that I can use when grub boot xen to
   > > get more output?  Thanks.
   >
   > You could pass the noreboot and sync_console options to avoid reboot and
   > have synchronous writes to console, but I am surprised that you do not
   > get some output from hypervisor first, either from vga or serial.
   >
   > title 1013 Xen / NetBSD (hd0a, serial)
   >    root(hd0,0,a)
   >    kernel (hd0,0,a)/xen dom0_mem=512m com1=57600,8n1 noreboot sync_console

Thanks.  This make my life easy.  I finally could see the
VGA only message!

It was hard to run VGA console in 1 sec for me, etc....

Anyway, the message xen33 showing on VGA only was "mismatch
between XEN and DOM0 kernel".  I already tried amd64 kernel
but this time tried it with noreboot option.  Xen33 showed
the same message on VGA only.

For now, I'm checking how to create amd64 kernel correctly.
I used "build.sh -m amd64" last time but I may missed
something.

On the other hand, is the xen33 option to specify the serial
console was changed?  Although I used following option this
time, xen33 showed nothing on serial (similar to my last
mail) and showed mismatch message to VGA only.  :-(

---
title test more msg Xen / NetBSD (hd0a, serial)
  root(hd0,0,a)
  kernel (hd0,0,a)/xen dom0_mem=512m com1=57600,8n1 noreboot sync_console
  module (hd0,0,a)/stand/test/netbsd-XEN3_DOM0 bootdev=wd0 ro console=ttyS0
---

-- Kazushi
People will accept your ideas much more readily if you tell them that
Benjamin Franklin said it first.