Re: "Hard" crash with -current XEN3_DOM0 kernel

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 07:10:16PM +0200, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Latest XEN3_DOM0 kernel (i386) causes hard shut downs during autoconf
> (without falling back into ddb, it justs shut down violently without
> further notice).
>
> I did not look much further, but I guess it happens during pckbd attach.
> Disabling it through boot -c + disable pckbd makes it boot properly again.
>
> Do you have the same issue on your side?

No problems on a Dell 755, but I'm using serial console, it doesn't have
a real pckbc port (it's a usb-only box). A pckbc is attached though
(I guess the Intel chipset still provides a pckbc, even if it's not wired
to an external connector):
pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60-0x64
pckbdprobe: reset error 5
pmsprobe: reset error 5