Re: serial line access?

Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:
der Mouse wrote:
I've got xen running on hardware that, when running 4.0 native (no xen
at all), says

com0 at isa0 port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4: ns16550a, working fifo
com1 at isa0 port 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3: ns16550a, working fifo

This is when booted from sd0.  But when I plug in two IDE disks (so the
BIOS boots from one of them instead) and bring up a xen dom0, I get
only

com1 at isa0 port 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3: ns16550a, working fifo

What happened to com0?  Can I get it back (in either dom0 or a domU)?
If so, how?
I don't think so. Hypervisor's reserve a serial port for debugging, and you cannot access it either from a dom0 or domU, since there is no easy way to tell that Xen reserved the port, or not.

Presently, I guess you are left with only one com port under Xen. But wait for Manuel's answer, as always, I may be wrong :)
Replying to myself: maybe a possibility here:
- remove serial option in grub's menu.lst for Xen kernel
- uncomment com0 in arch/i386/conf/XEN2_DOM0, and recompile a kernel.

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jean-yves.migeon%espci.fr@localhost