Re: azalia on DOM0 and HVM broken on 4.0

On Sun, Jun 01, 2008 at 06:06:31AM +0400, Dima Veselov wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have met a problem - my system can't compile in azalia support for
> XEN3_DOM0. My config is very simple:
>
> include "arch/i386/conf/XEN3_DOM0"
> ident   "Xon"
> azalia* at pci? dev ? function ?        # High Definition Audio
>
> Kernel compiles good, but on load it breaks in uvm_fault right after
> xen_timecounter is found (as I know that's the place of azalia loading.
>
> Also after some changes in system configuration my HVM-win2k3 domain become
> unusable, saying on start "Cannot deallocate guard page for HVM (25
> Inapropriate ioctl for the device)
>
> kernel give me a message:
> Jun  1 01:59:21 laura /netbsd: sys_ioctl: _IOWR('P', 0, 24) returned -1:
> pid=107 comm=python2.4

That would be IOCTL_PRIVCMD_HYPERCALL_OLD. Is your kernel from the netbsd-4
branch, or netbsd-4-0 ? To use HVM with a newer hypervisor, you need
a kernel from the netbsd-4 branch, and Xen tools built on a system which has
the /usr/include/xen/{xenio,xenio3}.h include files (which the NetBSD 4.0
release doesn't have, but newer builds from the netbsd-4 branch do).

Manuel.Bouyer%lip6.fr@localhost